Trade Car Insurance

Compare Cheap Trade Car Insurance Quotes from Specialist UK Insurance Providers

  • Cheap Trade Car Insurance
  • Flexible & Pay Monthly Policies!
  • 1 Quick & Easy Form!

How the process works and what we do

We provide a quick and easy prcoess to finding Trade Car Insurance quotes

save time

Quickly Apply

Complete our quick & easy form with a few essential details about you and your policy needs

compare insurance

We Search

We search our panel of specialists to find you the brokers who can quote you the cheapest for your policy requirements

cheap insurance

You Save

You save money by picking the right policy at the right price from a broker of your choice

Compare insurance for car traders

We help you compare car trade insurance so that you can find the right policy at the right price! Comparing policies is essential to finding a policy that suits your individual insurance but without paying more than needed.

What is car trade insurance?

Trade car insurance simply put is just another term for traders insurance or motor trade insurance. It is a policy that is designed to cover you against loss, damage and claims whilst operating within the motor industry.

You will be able to apply for and obtain a car traders policy in two forms. These are road risk only or combined motor trade insurance. The first of the two will only cover you for risks associated with using the road and is the more commonly applied for as it covers car sales and general work without covering a premises. Combined cover will cover everything associated with road risk but will cover a premises as well that is not your home. If trading from home, your property will be covered by your own home insurance.

Do I need car traders insurance?

Yes, to operate without having a policy in place is illegal and can see you shut down, fined or imprisoned. By correctly insuring your business, you safeguard yourself against loss or damage from claims. It will also enable yourself to prove you are a trusted and reputable trader giving confidence to your clients.

What is covered in a policy?

You car trade insurance will be tailored to your exact needs. By default however, your policy will be broken down into 1 or 2 key areas.

Road risk only

Road risk only insurance is the most common for of insurance for traders. It covers all risks associated with using a vehicle on the road including the clients vehicle.

Often purchased by those in car sales or mechanics that wish to insure nothing else other than the vehicles or maybe the vehicles and tools.

Part time motor trade insurance is often a common example of road risk cover.

Combined policy

A combined policy is a car trade insurance policy that is designed to protect a premises as well.

A true sense of a combined insurance policy is a motor trader trading from a separate garage and wishes to insure things such as vehicles, stock vehicles, tools and a building and equipment itself.

What types of insurance policies are available?

Within the motor industry, there are three main categories of insurance for business within the motor industry, which are aimed at those who buy and sell vehicles, those who drive customers or their own vehicles and those who service vehicles. There are also policies available which will protect employees and members of the public against injury or illness in relation to the business, through public and employers liability insurance.

Where do I start in the motor trade industry?

Most people start off in the industry as a part time trader. By buying and selling cars or repairing cars in your free time and at weekends, you can build up a feel for what being a full time trader will be like.

What types of businesses benefit from motor trade insurance?

The policies are individually designed to ensure all stock is covered whether the business sells, cleans, services, collects, delivers or provides breakdown recovery. The most common types of businesses which purchase a motor trade insurance policy are MOT garages, servicing garages, car dealerships, tyre and exhaust fitters and car transporters.

Are there any exemptions?

Although the policies available are broad, there are some specific businesses within the motor trade which may require alternative specialist policies. For example, unusual vehicles or companies which specialise in heavy machinery.

The importance of expert advice

The best way to ensure your policy covers your business is to discuss the business and its individual requirements with a commercial insurance specialist. Without expert industry knowledge you may understate the value of your business, which means that should you need to make a claim the value will be too low for you to continue operating.

As experts in commercial insurance for the motor trade, we can advise which policies you need to insure your business premises, stock, customers and staff, whilst keeping the cost to a minimum. To find out more, please contact our experienced insurance team.

Get your Quick Trade Car Insurance Quote Now

Related Insurance